Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home Tattooing

I have read quite a few tattoo magazines with articals about home tattooing...

and everyone of them say " don't use home tattooists ".

I have been to a tattoo parlor and a home tattooist for my tats,
And I had to wait for 9 months to see the parlor tattooist and the work cost me an arm n a leg.

So the next tattoo that I got I went to a tattooist that does it from home.
And it was a hell of a better job plus it din't cost me the earth (coz he din't have the overheads of running a shop).

I have stopped using the parlor tattooist now coz i can get it a lot cheaper and the tattoo is a lot better .

And befor anyone says it YES the home tattooist has a room just for tattooing you would think that it is a tattoo parlor he's got everything that a parlor shop would have.

Now i have started tattooing and have no plans to start a shop, I just do it as a hobby.

at the end of the day if someone is dedicated to the art of tattooing and wants to become a tattooist why do you have to be shown how to do it from a pro ? ... who taught the first ever person how to tattoo ?

I think that you have to learn for yourself, and agree that you should get some pigs ears or fake skin befor you even consider tattoo a customer. you have to become one with the machine and make some amazing designs befor you ruin someones life.

I guess what i'm trying to say is ...

Not every home tattooist is amazing but some are and the same goes for so called "pro" tattooist that have tattoo parlors.

Don't jip the home tattooists.

some only want to do it as a hobby and don't want to become a "pro".

Sorry if this offends anyone ... its ment to be an opinion on the subject.